Below are some issues to look out for, which mean we will need to give your gates a service. Here is a topic around reception issues too - reception topic
Note, the latest gate firmware 1.40 will also give you the following symptoms if your gates have any of the following:
- No times when athletes run through
- Lots of random times when no one has ran through the gates
The reason for this is - the black LED cup is supposed to prevent light from the LED from bouncing around inside the tube. If it does not, then there is sufficient light from the LEDs to make the detector on the opposite side of the board from thinking there are no runnings cutting the beam across the lane from it. Alternatively, if there is too much light, then the sensor is squinting as it is getting flooded with light and triggers multi times as a result.
So the gates need new 8mm standoffs to allow the LED cups to sit in their holes nicely. So in the meantime, can you massage the LED cups to be as best as possible. We need to replace the standoffs or we can send you new standoffs to replace there, which will need some patience and confidence with a screwdriver and mechanical understanding.
Service costs start at $55 per device/unit (hub, start device, gate), this covers labour and basic parts. The service will cover off firmware updates if required, testing and repairing all devices, replacing any worn or damaged parts, replacing the batteries.
If you are experiencing any issues send your hardware via express post (gates are too long as Australia post is 1.05m maximum length) and gates via Pack and Send to
28 Bull Street, Castlemaine, Vic 3450
Express post items are normally next day delivery to our Castlemaine location, serviced that day, then posted express post hat same day, so you should get it the following day (3 day turn around).
Pack and send will normally take closer to a week with turn around. So allow enough time for your gates to be with us in that case.
1. The black LED cup is not seated nicely in the hole.
Bad LED alignment...notice the gap allowing you to see inside the tube
This is what it should look like with the LED cup seated nicely in through the hole towards the outside of the tube
The outcome form the bad alignment will be "phantom times" or alignment issues with the gate, as the LED is emitting light to the inside of the gate tube as well as to the outside world. It should only be emitting light to the outside world.
Note the LEDs also should have a snug fit, see this image for an example on the left of a loose fit versus the right with a snug fit. This is an older PVC tube versus the new Aluminium tubes.
2. The On/Off switch is hard to get too...this is an image of a bad switch position.
This is what they should look like. Allowing you to get to it easily with just the soft of your fingertip.
3. Bent poles...this is caused by excessive heat, which is normally the poles been left in a car in summer. This will need a new pole outer, as you will have alignment issues with this sort of bend. The new Aluminium gate poles will fix this...permanently
4. Original battery holders are tricky to attach the battery connector if it is pulled out as it is down inside the tube. Also the battery holder is prone to getting rattled around and damage the female connector inside the gate.
The newer version lets you connect and disconnect your battery holder easily via this red connector. This also means if a battery holder is damaged, we can just post you a replacement holder.
5. IR Detector is lifted up off the PCB as it has had some impacts from the gates being tackled or dropped and falling over. The ID detectors on new and serviced gates have an adhesive to prevent this "lifting" of the detector, even with a big hit
This is a good example of the IR Decetor sitting flat and it has the adhesive applied
Please contact us via email@example.com to organise getting your gates serviced