Products are what your members sign up to, they are your membership fee/s. The default item in your products is called Default. This is a 365-day product (full season) that the members sign up to. This is there in your products list without you having to do anything. You can add other products like Trialist etc and have a separate fee structure for this.
Note: the platform fees for using this RegistrationHQ function may vary from state to state, but the general fees look like this - $2.2 per athlete to Timing Solutions and then the transnational fees are $0.30 plus 2% of the total transaction cost. The centre can choose to absorb or to add on this charge to the user registering.
The focus right now is for the current Default product. The steps and logic are the same for any other product you may set up.
1. Go to Registrations - Setup
2. Then click on the Fee Structure button for the Default product. Note on this screen if you have other products with Active Days, Send Email, Multi Sign up, Multi-Use set up, you can also edit the Active status from #No to Yes via the Edit button
3. When the fee screen opens you will see where you can add new or edit existing age fees with these various fields (orange highlighted area). Remember, if you do not have clubs are your centre, then only fill in the Centre Fee area. The Discount Yes/No, means that age group will be eligible for discounts (next tab in the fee set up). Note the Associate fee flows through from the association, you can not edit that fee.
The number call outs are to show you what the fee values mean:
- What the fee was set as - you keyed in $175
- What the family will see and pay - due to platform fees (if you had "Absorb fees" set to "Yes", then the family would see $175 instead of $181)
- How much the centre will receive from the family - this is whatever the family has paid, minus the platform fees (again if the "Absorb fees" options were set to "Yes", your centre would get $175 minus the platform fees)
- This tooltip/pop-up description will remind you of the meaning of the fees
4. The next tab called Discounts is where you set up discounts for multiple athletes. The discount value is a total $ dollar value that the X number of athletes will be discounted by e.g.
- Athlete fee is $150 per athlete
- A family has two athletes
- Total would be 2 x $150 = *$300
- Discount for a two athlete family is **$105 total (the amount set is $105, the discount total is $107.10)
- So the family total would be *$300 - **$105 = $195 for their two athletes (depending on Absorb Fees being set to Yes or No, will impact this number)
5. Family - will let you set up additional fees for the family, regardless of the number of athletes the family has. If you don't have an additional family fee then you can ignore this step.
You can also set up a Family Cap...so that a family will only pay a total of $X for their whole family. This includes all products, fees, extras etc.
6. The final step is to say how you want users to be able to pay for their registrations.
Cash: they will send you a cheque, EFT or give you cash.
Online: they will be able to use their credit card or a PayPal account.
You can opt to offer both payment methods.
Now you have completed setting up the Default product. If you wanted to add other "products" like trialist, simply repeat these steps under the new product you have added.