1. When you first open up CompetitionHQ on a particular date you will be greeted with a screen such as below, within which there are no Genders, Ages, or Events selected. Because of this there will not be any event or member data on the screen.
2. Select the Gender and Age Groups that you would like to enter results for. You can enter results more any combination that you would like. Simply click on the category that you would like to include in your results entry screen and you will notice that category will be highlighted in blue
3. Select the Event that you would like to enter results for. You can only select one event at a time.
4. You will be presented with a list of Members that are in this particular age/gender combination. There are several results entry methods. See the below subheadings for details on each. The methods are;
- List of Members
- Blank entry templat
- Athlete Lane Allocation
4.1 List of Members This method will provide you a list of all of the Members that have been loaded into CompetitionHQ for the particular age/gender combination that you've selected.
- Navigate to this View To bring up this view of members (if it's not present already), have a look at the two check boxes at the bottom left of the screen. Ensure that the checkbox to the left of Show Laned View is unticked/blank, and that the checkbox next to Show Member List is ticked. Note: Show Member List will not be visible until you have unticked Show Laned View
- Results Entry Method Simply find the athlete that you would like to enter a results against, click your cursor into the Time column to the right of the athlete, and enter the result that they achieved. You will notice that the Place is automatically updated, as is the Status, and any PBs or CRs are indicated in the column labelled Extras
4.2 Blank entry template This method does not provide you a list of known member names, it simply allows you to key in a Member ID number and then a result against that Member ID number. Any details on this member will then be retrieved on screen.
- Navigate to this View To bring up this blank entry template, untick the checkbox to the left of Show Laned View, and then untick checkbox next to Show Member List.
- Results Entry Method Simply enter a Member ID number in the top row of the column labelled ID. Any details such as name, PB of this Member ID will be displayed in the respective columns. Now enter the result against this member in the Time column. You will notice that the Place is automatically updated, as is the Status, and any PBs or CRs are indicated in the column labelled Extras. On the next line, continue entering the next Member ID number and follow this process until you have entered all of you results for this Event
4.3 Athlete Lane Allocation This method allows the user to determine a logical lane allocation to athletes, and breaks athletes into different races
- Navigate to this View To bring up the athlete lane allocation, tick the checkbox to the left of Show Laned View
- You will notice that the athletes on screen will be sorted into a Race (race numbers can be seen on the left of the screen)
- Lane Count Setup At the bottom left of the screen you will have some options which you may need to update for your desired lane and draw combination.Select the number of Lanes to be used in the race using the Lane Count drop down list
- Draw Logic You can select how you would like CompetitionHQ to allocate members into races. To do so, use the drop down list at the bottom left of screen entitled Draw Logic. Select your desired method and athletes will be reorganised on screen. The athletes will be placed in each race from fastest to slowest, so if you have 6 lanes, the fastest athletes will be in race 1, then athletes with rankings 7-12 will be in race 2 etc. An explanation of the different methods is below
|Method||Description of Method|
|1 -> X||Athletes are put into each race with the fastest runner in lane 1, and the slowest in lane X.|
|X -> 1||Athletes are put into each race with the fastest runner in lane X, and the slowest in lane 1.|
|Even Middle||The fastest athlete is placed in the middle lane of the track, the second fastest to his right, and the third to his left. Athletes are then added onto the outside from the middle in this right then left fashion. If there is an even number of lanes, the fastest athlete will be left of centre.|
|Odd Middle||The fastest athlete is placed in the middle lane of the track, the second fastest to his lef, and the third to his right. Athletes are then added onto the outside from the middle in this left then right fashion. If there is an even number of lanes, the fastest athlete will be right of centre.|
|Random||The lane allocation in a race will be randomly allocated.|
|Manual||The user can select the ranking that should be applied to each lane; where the ranking is the relative position that each athletes Season Best sits with the rest of the field.|
5. Your results are saved as they are typed in. You are able to upload your results to ResultsHQ if you have a subscription by pressing the Upload button. You can also save your results out as an Excel file via the Save As button