Welcome and thank you for using ResultsHQ!
ResultsHQ is a browser-based application; it relies on a web browser and an internet connection. Please note for the best performance of ResultsHQ please use Google Chrome - to download click here.
Here are a couple of links to topics with videos to show you through:
Below are some topics to get you started, also please watch the above videos:
- Managing Users
- Event List - adding or removing events
- Event Rules
- Setup/Edit Club Name
- Organise Your Season Calendar
- Copy Existing meets
- Create a Template for your program
- Using the export and import for meet program updates
- Age Up of an athlete
- Heats to Finals
- Location Specific events set up steps
- Draft Event Management
- Managing a washout or cancelled week
- Exclude the first result as a PB?
- Creating a Meet/Carnival Program
- Deleting A Meet Date
- Profile Details - options
- Live Results Hub
- LAVic Relayathon
- Service Charter
By creating Users within ResultsHQ, you can segregate the tasks and functions that specific people can access in ResultsHQ, by giving them unique login usernames and passwords.
Creating Users in ResultsHQ
1. From within ResultsHQ, click on the Setup then Users button or click on More... then Users
2. You will find a list of any Users that have been set up within your ResultsHQ profile, click on Add New User to create a new User
3. Fill out the below fields of the User form as indicated in the screenshot. Some comments are below the screenshot which describes each of the fields.
- User ID: This is what your user will use as their login ID
- First Name: Include these details as in the future audit trails will be made possible
- Last Name: Include these details as in the future audit trails will be made possible
- Email: Include these details as in the future audit trails will be made possible
- Access Level: See below section for details on the different Access Levels available
- Club: Some features will be able to be restricted to specific Club details. At present, this is only relevant to RegistrationHQ related Access Levels.
What are the different User types?
Below find a list of User types that are available to be set up in ResultsHQ.
User types relating to ResultsHQ
- SuperUser: The Superuser type will have access to all features within ResultsHQ. Note that the Access Level of "Mobile user" is required to use the Android/Mobile App referred to below.
- Registration: The Registration user will be able to access only Registration-related functions in ResultsHQ plus Communicate (email/SMS)
- ClubRegistration: only access to Status Manager, Athlete Registration Registration Report, Member List, Active Member Report, Inactive Member Report, Suspended Members - and only to view the specified Club members. Plus Communicate (email/SMS)
- Results: User can only access results entry links from the home page for results entry.
- Reporting: The Reporting user will be able to access Report Builder
- Nominations - This will let you view and manage external #1 and internal #2 nominations
- Android/Mobile: This is a separate topic here
User Types related to RaceHQ and CompetitionHQ
- RaceHQ/CompHQ: For access to RaceHQ or CompetitionHQ to download member details/PBS and then be able to upload results to ResultsHQ.
User Types related to RegistrationHQ, the offline Registration reporting and entry application
Creating Users in ResultsHQ
1. Log into your ResultsHQ profile as a Super User at http://centreadmin.resultshq.com.au/
If you have not received any credentials, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. From within ResultsHQ, click on the Setup then Users button or click on More... then Users
3. You will find a list of any Users that have been set up within your ResultsHQ profile, click on Add New User to create a new User
4. Fill out the below fields of the User form as indicated in the screenshot. Some comments are below the screenshot which describes each of the areas.
User ID: This is what your user will use as their login ID
First Name: Include these details as in the future audit trails will be made possible
Last Name: Include these details as in the future audit trails will be made possible
Email: Include these details as in the future audit trails will be made possible
Access Level: See the below section for details on the different Access Levels available
Club: Some features will be able to be restricted to specific Club details. At present, this is only relevant to RegistrationHQ related Access Levels.
Event List - adding or removing events
Add/Edit Event list
As this is a long list, each Centre needs to choose which Events they would like to be displayed within their ResultsHQ profile. This ensures that once chosen, you only have to manage a small number of events that are appropriate for your Centre.
By default, ResultsHQ will be set up without any Events added.
- Navigate to the More... menu via the link in the top right of the screen
- Click on the Events button which is under the Profile heading
- From within the Events form, press Add next to the events that you would like to be used in your ResultsHQ profile
- Press Remove next to any Events that you would like to take off the list
In the above screenshot, 4x100m and 4x400m have been added, this is evident because they now have the Remove button available. When you add an event the 'Remove' option appears, this confirms that the event has been added.
If you would like to add Event Rules to your Recording Sheets please read the below instructions
1. Press the Event Rules button within the Program and Events heading to access the below form.
Within the form, you can choose the relevant event that you would like to add rules to.
Now add in the event rules that you would like to be applied.
You can add some formatting, and also add in a table structure. See the below picture for an example
Then press the Submit button.
These rules will now appear on your recording sheet for the Event for which you have set them up
Setup/Edit Club Name
You will need to set up a Club name, regardless of whether you are a single or a multi-club Centre. In the case where you do not have any 'Clubs', this will be your Centre name
If you would like these Centre / Club names to be attached to each of your members (eg. for reporting etc) then it is necessary to have the exact same club name against them when you import their registration details
1. Click on More... (top right menu)
2. Click on Club/House (In the Registration menu)
3. The Club/House setup screen will be displayed. There are blank fields at the top of the form which will allow you to enter your club name details and any related information.
- Club Name Abbreviation: Enter an abbreviation for your club name. This will be used in Recording sheets where space is restricted.
- Club Name: Enter the full club name here. This will be displayed in processes such as online registration
- Club Description: This field will be utilised in the online registration process if using RegistrationHQ. When registering members want to know a bit about your club such as who should register for this club (eg. based on suburb), what nights this club trains on, then they will be provided with this description when they select the club name
- Password: Enter a password specific to this club. This is for future features, such as Club specific reporting access
- Allowed Payment Methods: For the Registration module this allows your Clubs to have different payment methods to the Centre default if required.
4. Once an update has been made, press Save.
5. Repeat this for your other Club names if required.
6. Updating / Deleting If you need to make an update to an existing Club, simply press the Update button. If you Delete a club name it will REMOVE the club against all associated members (regardless of their status) so only do this if there are no members associated with the Club
Organise Your Season Calendar
To add a new date to your calendar and the age gender event combinations follow these steps:
1. In the menu click on Event - Calendar
2. Click on "+" symbol
On this screen, there are some areas to help you with various functions:
3. Give the new meet a name, the required program name (optional) and a date. Then select the Gender/s, Age/s and Event/s that you need. Then press Add Events.
Note you can reuse previous meet dates/programs instead of building it from scratch. Use the "Copy existing meet" button, drop down the Copy previous Meet list and then click the Copy Date button. There are also the Import and Blank Meet options.
4. The little wheel will spin while it's creating all the results references for the relevant athletes on your home page.
5. Once it's finished building that combination you will be able to see the events and their age gender groupings...repeat the adding of Gender/s, Age/s and Event/s until you have completed your program
Copy Existing meets
This function will let you recycle/copy any meet from a previous date in your calendar from the last x seasons.
1. Click on the "copy existing meet" button in your Create Meet area and click on the Please Select option
2. Click on the Please Select to view the dates that you have had age/gender/events set up or uploaded results from excel/API to the platform
3. To preview that dates age/gender/event combinations click on the Preview Date button. This will let you see all the combinations available from that meet date. Also, it will let you save that as a Favourite (making it quicker to find next time) or X out of the preview to track down another date to preview.
4. If you are happy with that combination you can then press the green Copy date button to add those age gender events to your new meet date. You can still add or tweak your age/gender/events following this initial copy if required.
Create a Template for your program
These steps will help you set up new and edit the existing templates for your programming of events.
1. Go to Events - More
2. Go to Templates
3. You can choose to add a new template, update or delete existing one/s
4. To add a new template fill in the required details and then press add events. Note - Show advanced is not normally required, that's why it's hidden. It's only required for large competitions where you have heats to finals or you are using divisional points for school carnivals etc.
5.To edit an existing template click on Edit and then you will see this screen. Its default is the Matrix view which lets you add more events and see what is in the template quickly. If you want to edit the template select the list view.
Note: After the first Event(s) have been added, the Add Events+ button is replaced by the Save Template button. Therefore, to add additional events to a template, select the events as normal, then click the Save Template button. The events will be added and the template updated and saved accordingly.
6. This is the list view with the extra options for editing and deleting events.
Using the export and import for meet program updates
To update the fields in your program using the excel export and import function follow these steps. This is helpful for event order, program time and the Information field.
1. Go to Event - Calendar
2. Find the event date you want to edit or the event date you want to copy and reapply to another date.
3. Click on the Export to CSV button
4. Once it exports you can edit the required fields. Not with the time format to make sure it is populated and it is the same formatting as what was in there already. The default time is midnight, and this should not show up on the recording sheet if this is the time on the field.
5. If you are going to re-import this meet into the same date as you exported it you will need to delete that date and all the events from your calendar. If you have ANY results they will ALSO BE DELETED...So make sure you are only deleting what you do not want to see again. Hence we have the two Are you sure...Are you sure you're sure messages?
To delete a meet date click on the red rubbish bin
Then accept the two ARE YOU SURE messages...again you can be potentially deleting results you want to keep. So make sure you are deleting the correct date etc.
6. Now it's time to add a new meet date and apply the excel import file. Click on the + button to add the new date
7. Give the meet its name and description and date, then click on the Import button
8. Then click on the Choose file and find your import template, then press open
9. Your file will then import all your data
Age Up of an athlete
If you have an athlete you want to do an Age Up (they compete in an older age group than they usually belong too, follow these steps.
1. After logging into centreadmin click on Event - Calendar
2. Then click on the View icon for the event date you want to add the age up the athlete to
3. Then click on the List view button
4. Then find the Age/Gender/Event you want to add the younger athlete too and click on the edit icon
5. Then click on the Manage Event Athletes button
6. Then find the athlete from the full list of athletes you want to add and tick the box and press the submit button
Heats to Finals
Run multiple Heats then progress those with the best times to a final event. The Race Lane setup is required to activate this feature as the IAAF progression works on allocating a number of athletes to progress from each heat to the final. Click here for help with setting up your Heats.
1. Locate the Progression Page
The button to get to the Progression page is found in the Meet Options section of your Manage Meet screen (Season Calendar - View)
2. Manage the Event results to Semi/Final event
If you have already set up the placeholder event in your program, then creating the semi or final will use the setup event, otherwise, it will create a new event in your program and apply the athletes to that.
3. Setup Final and print off Recording Forms
The default in the system is to create an 8 lane final and depending on the number of heats with results the top 1-3 athletes from each heat will progress. The fastest athletes from the remaining fill the remaining lanes in the final.
Set up the lanes and use the print button to generate a Recording form for Marshalling to use and you are done.
Draft Event Management
When managing your meet with ResultsHQ sometimes you do not want results to automatically post to all your athletes family results portal. Draft Event management is a new feature that allows you to hold up results in the system and publish them when any official checks have been completed.
1. Go to Setup - Profile Details and navigate down to the bottom of the page.
2. Setting Draft Results to Yes will activate the Draft feature, and you then have the choice of hiding or showing Draft results on the family portal.
3. Create new meet from Season Calendar
With the settings activated creating new meets will provide the option to use the new Draft settings defined in 2.
Click on Show Advanced Options to confirm the settings that will apply to the Meet.
4. Results Entry
Whether results are entered directly from the track via RaceHQ, web results portals on mobile devices or in ResultsHQ results entry - all results will be tagged as Draft.
5. Making the results Official (and visible to the families)
From Season Calendar - Meet Options for the specific Meet, open the Draft Results page to manage the results.
Clicking the Event name provides a summary of the Results with buttons to the right to Publish the results to the family Portal, Make the Result Official and finally Convert the event to a straight Final (if required)
Once Results are official they move over to the Official Tab allowing further management to occur.
Hide puts the results back to be no longer visible to the family portal, Draft reverts the Result to Draft status and Convert allows the event to be adjusted to a straight Final. Final events provide the option to print a medal award form to aid in medal ceremonies.
6. Progression of Events to Final
The final tab in the Draft Management page provides the ability to progress heats to finals using the IAAF rules for progression. Based on the default parameters set up in the More - Global Lane Setup page, a final will be created from the top place getters from each heat followed by overall fastest from all heats up to the number of lanes specified.
NOTE - Draft results will not be included in Points Calculations.
Location Specific events set up steps
Some events are location specific. For example, a 1000m cross country race at location A is different from a 1000m cross country event at location B. This is because of the terrain (hills, grass/gravel/mud, etc).
So PBs and records need to be treated as standalone locations, instead of just 1000m cross country.
These steps are how you go about setting up your locations and then applying them.
1. Go to locations area found in the More - Location/Weight/Measure
2. Key in the 4 digit max code for your location and press save. Repeat if you have multiple codes. Then go to Calendar
3. Then click on the eyeball for the event date you need to update
4. Then click on the List button and then the update icon
5. Then scroll down to the Event Location field and select the code for that event and press save. Repeat steps for your other required events.
FYI - we will be making this an easier process to assign locations as you build the programs, but for now, these are the steps.
Managing a washout or cancelled week
Some weeks are cancelled due to weather or other unexpected reasons...so to help your attendance calculations etc not be affected by these empty dates in your home screen and season calendar do the following...
1. Go to Home - Season Calendar or Event - Calendar
2. Click on the view button for the date in question
3. Go to the very bottom of that screen (press the "end" button on your keyboard)
4. tick the box "Exclude from calculations" to exclude the attendance logic for this date...write a reminder why if you need
5. Press the Submit button
Exclude the first result as a PB?
Each athletics Centre has different ways in which they record achievements and points. This feature allows for flexibility in how you determine what the first Personal Best result for an athlete will be.
The setting allows you to either:
- Simply accept the first result of the season for an athlete in an event as being a Personal Best result. This will count towards their PB tally, and any points that you have turned on for PB
- Take the first result as the Season Best, but not a Personal Best. The Season Best (first result for the season) then becomes the milestone that needs to be beaten in order to achieve a Personal Best
To change this setting:
1. From within your ResultsHQ profile, click on Setup then Points or More... and then Points
2. Click on the PB button
3. Within the Points form, select either Yes or No under the heading Exclude athlete first result PB?
4. Press Submit to save your changes
This setting will now be used in determining whether a first result is a PB or not.
Note: If you have changed this setting AFTER you have already entered results, you should run a Recalculation of PBs on each date from within the results entry event list for those dates
Note: If you have excluded the first result as a PB so that the first result becomes a Season Best only, then on a future attempt the athlete equals this Season Best, this will not be awarded equal PB points (if you have them set up).
Creating a Meet/Carnival Program
If you need to print/create a program for your meet/carnival follows these steps.
1. After logging into the profile click on Event - Calendar
2. For the relevant date, click on the drop-down and select Meet Report Comp
3. The screen will load with the information, then press Ctrl P to print the page
4. The print screen will appear and show you how it will look when you print
Deleting A Meet Date
You are able to delete entire Meet dates or specific events within the meet date. Be very careful with this, as it will indeed DELETE any results that have been entered against these events or dates – for this reason, there is a double ‘Are You Sure?’ dialogue box that will be displayed.
To delete an item, go to your Season Calendar
- To delete an entire meet date (and all the underlying events and results) press the Delete (bin symbol) on the Meet Date row
- To delete a specific event within a Meet Date, press View (eye symbol) on the meet date row. The list of events will be displayed. Press Delete next to the particular event that you’d like to delete
Timing Solutions aims to provide high levels of customer service. With your assistance and feedback, we seek to continuously improve our service by responding to the changing needs of our users; by providing access to the hardware, software and support; and by safeguarding your personal information.
This Charter sets out the standard of service you can expect from us. Timing Solutions will:
- treat you with courtesy and professionalism and address any issues efficiently
- communicate with you in clear, straightforward language
- provide hardware, software to improve the efficiency of your results management and nominations/registrations
- we are available to support our hardware and software via online form/content, videos, webinars, email/phone and onsite
- welcome your suggestions and comments
- deal promptly and appropriately with feedback.
This is a flow chart of the expected support channels and outcomes
From fast online registration to results capture, storage and display, our products cover the entire sports-management lifecycle. They can be used independently or as a powerful suite of interlinked products, saving you time, money and the demands put on your staff and volunteers.
By offering a strong national focus in all that we do, and cooperating with others who share our goals, we support the growth of Little Athletics and school sports in Australia.
Our Products & Services
We are dedicated to meeting your information needs and facilitating access to our collections and services promptly and efficiently. Our services include:
- ResultsHQ - allows you to roster duties, set up programs, enter and display results, issue reports, send announcements, create athlete profiles, offer secure family logins. Also available as an app for live results entry via CompetitionHQ
- Registration - is fast, easy and can be made from any web-enabled device. Data saves straight to ResultsHQ and secure membership payment can also be offered via Stripe and/or PayPal
- RaceHQ - timing software for sprints, acceleration, pack, RFID and integration with 3rd party hardware and software
- Hardware - includes wireless timing gates, start device, start speakers, RFID and clocks
We aim to:
- respond to support requests within 3hrs of being lodged, provided they are within support hours (Mon- Fri 9 am to 7 pm AEST and Sat - 8 am to 2 pm AEST)
- diagnose and provide feedback of serviced hardware items within 3 days of receiving them
- dispatch new hardware purchases within 7 days of orders being paid for, providing the stock is available. Otherwise, a clearer timeline will be provided.
- ensure 99.5% availability of the ResultsHQ platform
- ensure our software and hardware are user-friendly and accessible to a broad range of users.
How you can help
To assist us in serving you more effectively, you can:
- treat our staff courteously, be respectful of the rights of others
- be honest and fair in your expectations
- noting our support times Mon- Fri 9 am to 7 pm AEST and Sat - 8 am to 2 pm AEST
- handle all collections items with care and respect
- let us know how we can improve our services.
We welcome feedback, both positive and negative so that we are able to improve our services. All comments will be acknowledged, and the majority responded to within 3 hours. For more complex issues, a resolution or explanation will be provided as soon as possible.
Website: User Feedback Form
28 Bull Street
Castlemaine VIC 3450
Phone 1300 954 487
Website: Contact us