The PB area lets you set up points and setting around what constitutes a PB and if you want to recognise equal PBs or not.
Personal Best Count vs Personal Best Points
There is a difference between a Personal Best (PB) count (automatically calculated) and PB points (actual points for getting a PB, which is not automatically calculated) FYI for more information on points and calculating check out Points Overview
1. Go to Setup - Points
2. Then click on PB
3. There are a few settings on this screen to talk through
- Exclude athlete first result - do you want everyone to get a PB on their first result or do they have to better their first result to then get a PB?
- Equal PB - do you want to flag if an athlete equals a PB (silver star) or not?
- Use last seasons PB - if you want to roll over your PB from last season to this season you should enable this
- Your settings will only save if you press the Submit button.
- (Points) Equal PB - if an athlete gets an Equal PB the athlete will get X points
- (Points) Better PB - if an athlete gets a new PB the athlete will get Y points
- (Points) press the Save button if you want it to save your points settings
4. For PB Improvement points you will see other settings
- Increments - Increment in which Improvement Points decrease from Maximum to
- Maximum - Maximum number of Improvement Points that can be achieved for one
- Minimum - Minimum number of Improvement Points that can be achieved for one
- Average - Number of Improvement Points if the athlete equals their current
- Start Meet - Do you want to use the PB as the measure or the average to base this on