Banding points allow an Age/gender/event to have X number of performance/points levels e.g. u6 Male 100m can have 5 levels with a colour and a points value per level. Each level is determined by a relevant time for the u6 Male to do the 100m. If an athlete has a result that is with the parameters of the levels then they will get X points.
FYI for more information on points and calculating check out Points Overview
To set up the points follow these steps.
1. Go to Setup - Points
2. Click on the Banding points
3. Then on this screen, if it is empty you can apply a template with preset values. Click on the Show setup options
4. Click on Sse Points Template
5. Then click on the Apply template for the banding option
6. It will bring up a "Are you sure" message, click OK
7. Then wait for the process to finish
8. Now if you go back to the Banding page you will see the values and also the let you edit them if you need to