You can use the RaceHQ to allow you to time pack/distance races like 800m and 1500m or even Cross Country with your gates.
1. Once you start up RaceHQ you will see this screen and option for Pack races
2. You should then select the number of gates you are going to use for your Pack race
3. Then turn on your gates as per the setup screen display
Note, you should consider either of the following with your set up:
a. Move the inside of lane one across towards lane two to allow for lap runners to stay in the inside lane line and not pass through the gates. This then means you balance the lane two and lane three across the narrowed area. The benefit is that kids running laps don't go through the gates, while any finishers peel off and finish in either lane you have set up
b. Leave the gates in their normal inside of lane one position etc, but press and hold the Ignore button for any lap runners, but release that ignore button if a finisher.
4. You can also turn on your start/trigger device now
5. Press Go Race
6. Start your races with the start device or use the hot key on your keyboard "Crtl". Note the (e) telling you that the race was done via the electronic starter. If it was via your key board it would be an (m) for manual start
7. Once the race is underway you can trigger times via your lane/gate and you start/trigger device or via the Shift key on your keyboard. The Type column shows you where the time came from.
8. You can start keying or scanning in athlete even while the race is still underway...you do not have to press stop before you start processing your athletes
We hope that helps. If you want to switch from Pack to Sprint races and back again here is how...