Event Caps limit the number of spaces available for each event type (i.e. Long Jump) within your Meet and are set in the Nomination Setup. The caps are set to apply on a ‘per Centre’ basis, meaning if other Centres have been invited to nominate to this event, they will each be able to nominate as many of their eligible members to the Meet, up to the Event Cap set.
Each Event Cap can be set up to 100. Setting an Event Cap to 0 (default) is the same as not setting a cap.
On this page:
Setting Event Caps (Enabling Preselection)
- To set or edit the Event Caps within a Meet, navigate to the Nomination Setup of your Meet (by clicking on the Mail icon alongside your Meet from the Meet Calendar) and click Event Caps (the second tab).
- Then, for each event type you'd like capped, adjust the Cap dropdown accordingly.
- Click 'Save' either from the top of bottom of the Event list.
Important: If you add more events to this meet at a later stage, you MUST revisit this screen to review and click 'Save' on the Event Caps in order for the newly created events to appear in the Family Portal.
Overriding Event Caps
The Host Centre can nominate as many of their own members, even in excess of the Event Cap, by navigating to either:
- the Live Nominations screen (found by clicking on the person icon alongside the Meet listed in the Meet Calendar screen)
- the individual Event Nominations screen (found from the Manage Meet screen by clicking on the person icon alongside the Event listed within the ‘List’ view)
How Preselection Works for Families who are Nominating Members
If you’ve set an Invited Centre’s Access to ‘Centre and Family’ within your meet AND you’ve set Event Caps, those events will have the Preselection function automatically activated for families when they nominate. This means that families will still be able to nominate their members' interest for the events with Event Caps applied, even after the Event Cap has been reached from other athlete nominations. Families will not be required to pay until the Host Centre of the Meet accepts the athlete nomination, however.
Here’s how it works:
- A Family logs into ResultsHQ using the family's Primary Profile and navigates to the Nominations page from the Menu. Here they'll see a list of all meets involving the centre/s that their members are registered for.
- Once clicked into a Meet to nominate using the 'Begin Nomination' button, the Family user will be taken to the usual online Registration area, where a new tab for Preselection now appears (positioned after the Duties tab, if applicable).
- All events available for preselection are listed per athlete. The Family user simply needs to mark the checkbox/es for the events they’d like the opportunity to register their athlete/s in before continuing to the remaining tabs (including the Events tab) as per usual. Fees for Pre Selection events are not charged within this nomination transaction as the nomination will not necessarily result in acceptance and full registration for that event. However, fees for each of the preselection events (which will be charged if the nomination is accepted) are visible from this screen so that Families will always know how much they may have to pay if the preselection events are accepted.
- The Family will then complete the transaction as per usual. If no paid items were selected, such as regular Events and merchandise (within the Extras tab), there will be no fee at all for this transaction. In this case, the Family will still be required to complete the $0 transaction and will be instructed to click the Cash/EFT method to continue. Completing the transaction, whether there were fees or not, submits the athletes’ preselections to their Centre for review and marks the preselected events with the Preselection Pending status.
Managing Preselection Nominations
Once the nomination transaction is finalised, the Centre that the preselected athlete belongs to (either the Host Centre or an Invited Centre) will need to review the preselection and decide whether they will accept the athlete’s preselection by Nominating the athlete from the Manage Nomination Selection screen of the relevant event. This screen can be accessed by a Centre Admin user through the following steps:
- Navigate to the Nomination Invites screen
(Click the ‘Event’ menu dropdown > ‘Calendar’ > ‘Nomination Invites’)
- Click the ‘Action’ dropdown arrow alongside the relevant meet and select ‘Manage Nomination Selection’
- From the Nomination Selection screen, easily locate events that have been preselected by toggling the sort feature on the ‘Pre-Selected’ column header so that events containing preselection nominations appear first
- Click ‘Manage’ alongside the event to view all Nominated, Preselection and Eligible members for that event
- Under the Preselection members heading, check the ‘Nominate’ box against the preselected member you'd like to nominate and click ‘Submit’
- Review your nomination selections on the next screen and click ‘Save’ (or if you’ve made a mistake, simply hit the Back button to make any edits - previously marked checkboxes will be remembered)
- Once you've Saved from the review screen, the nominated athlete should now have a status of ‘Pending’, signifying that payment has not yet been made in order to finalise the nomination and the unpaid transaction will now appear in the ‘Unpaid’ tab of the Status Manager.
Families will not be notified of this nomination until the Centre Admin user sends a payment request email. However, the Preselection status for that event will be updated to 'Pending Payment' in their Family Portal if they checked.
Click the status label ‘Pending’ to head directly to Status Manager or click the 'Got to Status Manager' button in the blue information box at the bottom of the screen, detailing the next steps.
- From Status Manager, complete the payment for the nomination transaction:
- NEW: Send a Payment Request Email directly to the family so they’re able to pay via credit card online or mark as paying Cash. Click here to find out more about Payment Request Emails.
- Mark Paid (if the family has paid Cash in the Centre)
- Complete credit card or PayPal purchase (to support payments during a member walk-in)
Once the transaction has been paid for and Cash Received transactions have been batched to and received by Timing Solutions, the nomination status will change from 'Pending' to 'Nominated'. From this point, only the Host Centre of the meet can progress to the final 'Accepted' status via View Nomination Members screen within Nomination Setup:
- Click the ‘Event’ menu dropdown > ‘Calendar’
- Click the relevant meet's envelope icon: ‘Nomination Setup/Invites’
- From the Invite tab of the Nomination Setup, scroll down to the 'Invited Centres' section where all invited centres are listed and click the member icon: 'View Members'
- From the 'View Nomination Members' screen, the Centre Admin user can:
- Scroll through the events to find Nominated members that need to be Accepted and click the relevant Accept button
- Accept all nominated members by clicking the 'Accept All Members' button at the top of the screen
- Use the search functions to filter nominations by Centre and/or by member