v9.x firmware for Android has a compatibility issue with CompetitionHQ. We are investigating a fix for this. In the meantime, the update of CompetitionHQ will require some manual steps using this android APK file 1.22 following the below steps.
Note *Android 10 users, there are additional steps at the bottom of this topic.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
1. Go into your Android device Settings - Security
2. Enable this option - Normally it’ll say allow third-party installations or install from unknown sources, but some newer phones and versions of Android are a little more granular. You’ll have to pick which apps are allowed to install unknown sources, which is generally going to be your preferred browser app. We’re using Samsung Internet, but Chrome is going to be another popular option that you’ll need to set up here.
3. Once you’ve done that, you’ll need to find the file and open it to start the install process. Many phones come with file managers that should make this pretty easy, even giving you quick access to the downloads folder of your internal storage.
*Android 10 user- here are some alternative steps:
- Install Total Commander if you like or use Files
- Download the above APK file
- It comes as "zip" files. Rename them as "APK" only
- Find with file manager. Press and hold until install window comes up. Choose Install
- App will install.