- Points Webinar Recording
- Available Points Scoring Methods
- Calculate your points
- Leaderboard - who's leading the points tally?
- Points Check Report
Points Webinar Recording
2. The values for your given points set up which is found at Setup - Points
3. Make sure your chosen points options are set up with values in them e.g. 1st = 10 points etc
Available Points Scoring Methods
- Attendance: Points per meet and/or per event a result was recorded for more...
- Event Points Calc: Similar to above, using a straight-line method, however rather than entering a maximum result boundary, an increment is defined as well as the points that you wish to apply per increment more...
- Place Points: Based on an overall age gender event result group (for track and field) e.g. U6 Girls Shot Put, 1st place gets X, 2nd gets Y etc, down to your minimum points allocation more...
- PB (Personal Best): Points for equal to and/or better than PBs. Click here for a specific forum topic
- Banding: Build your own bands of performance levels, each with a minimum and maximum result. For each level assign a points value and then apply this to all the given events and age groups you require more...
- LPL Points Calc: This is the Linear Points Level calculation. By creating an upper and lower result for each Event / Age / Gender, and also adding what upper and lower level points you would like to apply - results have points applied based on this linear/straight-line relationship more...
- CR Compare: Using your existing Home and Current records, the system will calculate X points if the results = that record and reduce the points incrementally as the result moves away from that record more...
- CR Break: If results equal or betters a record then they get X or Y points more...
- Multipoint: We have used this IAAF points structure but have replaced the seniors IAAF points values with the NSW Multi Points values. more...
- Alberta: Using the default Alberta youth tables results for a known event will get X points regardless of age or gender more...
4. Make sure your Calculate screen (Event - Calculate) has the relevant dates with the relevant points methods ticked
Calculate your points
Leaderboard - who's leading the points tally?
You can get a summary of who your points leaders are by using the leaderboard
Note; Your points must be calculated! Otherwise, the Leaderboard will be empty. Ensure that you have calculated all recent results before running the Leaderboard
1. From within your ResultsHQ portal, access the Settings button at the top right of the screen
2. Click on the Leaderboard button under the Reports heading
3. You will be on the Leaderboard screen. From here you can select several variables to narrow down the data that will produce your Leaderboard. For example, you may want to only see who's leading the Track events points tally. Each field is described below. Once you have selected your variables select View to view the Leaderboard on screen or select Export to produce an Excel file.
- Ordering; Select the order which your members will be organised in the report. The options to order are:
- Club, then Points
- Minimum Attendance; some organisations require that their members have attended a certain number of competition days prior to being included in points tallies. Select the minimum number here.
- Top Number of weeks; If you would only like to include a certain number of competition dates/weeks of results in the Leaderboard, select the value from here. This will only include the top X weeks of results in the points tally.
- Top Number of results; If you would only like to include a certain number of results in the Leaderboard, select the value from here. This will only include the top X results for each Member in the points tally. note the logic applied to best results is as follows
- Sort Results by athlete, date, event, result value (best to worst)
Then use the top X results, and return the sum of the top X number of weeks
- Note...if you choose top 3 results it will sum up the total of all event types using the top three points values per event type...if an athlete has 10 event types from the season, it will use 10 event types x 3 of their best = 30 values being totalled
- Gender; Choose which gender you want to filter on or both
- Age; Choose which age group/s you want to filter on (hold your control "ctrl" key and click with your mouse to select multiple)
- Sports List - Event Categories - Event Subcategories - Event List; Select the type of event/s (hold your control "ctrl" key and click with your mouse to select multiple)
- Dates; Choose the date/s (hold your control "ctrl" key and click with your mouse to select multiple) required for your report
- Points; Nominate your required points types to be totalled for each athlete... (hold your control "ctrl" key and click with your mouse to select multiple)
- View; This lets you display the data directly on the screen
- Export; You may need to export for further analysis or work, so you have the choice of exporting to .csv or excel
Points Check Report
To help you identify any points that have not been calculated, follow these steps.
1. Go to Event - Calculate
2. Click on show calculate options
3. Select the points method to run the zero point check over. if there are discrepancies it will list the details for you.
4. You can also look at weeks that do not have points calculated as yet
5. There are some quick links to your selected points methods on the right if you need to check the values for these points