This may be useful for volunteers who are new to the results recording process
- Using your Recording Sheets
- Preview and Print/PDF Recording Sheets
- Creating your Recording Sheets
- Printing Your Recording Sheets
- Changing the Member Order in your Recording Sheets
- Merging Age Groups and Genders onto Recording Sheets
- Missing Athlete/s from results entry and recording sheets
- Event Rules on Recording Sheets
- Hide members from recording sheets and results entry
Using your Recording Sheets
- Enter your name onto the Recording sheet in the space next to the heading Recorders by. Also, enter the Start time onto the Recording Sheet in the appropriate space
- As each Member attains a result, enter the result onto the Recording Sheet against the relevant Member's name in the result space
- Continue to record all results. Pay attention to the Centre Record which is displayed on the recording sheet; if one of the athletes breaks this Centre Record it may be required that you notify an Offical to witness the result
- Once all results are recorded, enter the Finish time onto the recording sheet in the appropriate space
- Ensure the Recording Sheet is passed onto Centre Official in charge of entering data into ResultsHQ
Your results Recording Sheets will include the following details
- Details of Event such as Event Title, Age Group, Gender
- Centre Records for the Event
- Event Rules (if they are set up)
- Member Names
- Member ID numbers
- Member PBs
- Specific spaces to enter in Results including for multiple attempts such as High Jump etc
Preview and Print/PDF Recording Sheets
Tip: If you would like to include Event Rules on your Recording Sheets, please read the instructions in section Event Rules
Creating your Recording Sheets
1. Once logged into your ResultsHQ profile, click on the Events - Recording forms
2. Within the Recording Sheet creation screen select the appropriate details of the Recording Forms that you would like to produce - see below points for details on what each field means
- Meet Date: Select the Meet Date that you would like to produce recording forms for. By default, the 'next' meet date will be selected
Note: You will need to have set up your Meet Dates!
- Event Categories & Event Type; Narrow down the list of Events that are on this Meet Date into Track/Field and even Walks, Distance, Hurdles, Sprints, Throws and Jumps etc
- Event List: Select the Events for which you would like to produce recording sheets. Use the Ctrl and/or Shift key to select multiple
Note: You will need to have added a Program Template to your Meet Date to have any Events available here!
- Age List: Select the Age Groups which you would like to print out.
Note: Only age groups that have been set up for each event in your Meet Date will be produced. You will also need Members in your system
- Gender: Choose to produce either Male or Female, or Both sets of recording sheets
- Add Blank Rows: If you are at the beginning of your season you may wish to add a set number of blank rows to the bottom of your recording sheets for each event. Choose the number of blank rows here
- Sheet Type: Choose to produce 'Condensed' recording sheets which have multiple events across the page
- Sheet Ordering: Select whether you would like for sheets to print out in Age group order, or in Event order (and then age group within the event)
- Member Order: Choose the default row/member ordering method. You can adjust and refine this once you get to the Preview screen if required
Printing Your Recording Sheets
- Once you are happy with the settings for your Recording Sheets, press Print Preview, except if you are printing High Jump in which case you should select Print Preview High Jump (these will print in landscape alignment)
- The Recording Forms will be displayed on the screen such as below.
Printing Your Recording Sheets
To Print the recording forms, right click your mouse on the screen and select Print.
Depending on the browser that you are using (Google Chrome is recommended) the print option may be located elsewhere. The recording forms can be produced in PDF or printed directly to the printer connected to your computer. Recording Sheets will print one event per page.
Below you can see the Print function that appears in a Google Chrome browser
Changing the Member Order in your Recording Sheets
The order that Member appears in your Recording Sheets can be changed by you, depending on the way that you prefer this to occur. You can sort by:
- Member ID
- First name
- Personal Best Result
You can make your default selection from the main selection screen of the recording sheets
- From within the Print Preview view of the recording sheets, you can filter your recording sheets by multiple variables; this is often useful if you have customised Age Groups (eg. U11/U12 boys and girls) and you wish to sort the recording sheet first by Gender, and then by PB (example only, there are many combinations)
- Simply select the first 'Sort by' variable and then the second 'Then by' variable and press Sort
- In the below example we have filtered by Gender ascending and then PB Ascending
Note: Your results entry can also be filtered in any of the above methods by clicking the appropriate column headings
Merging Age Groups and Genders onto Recording Sheets
If you have age groups with a small number of athletes, you may wish to have them compete together, and merge their names onto one Recording Sheet.
1. From within your ResultsHQ profile, click on More... then Age Grouping
2. The Age Groups form will be displayed.
- You can select the age groups and genders that you would like to merge
3. Enter a name for the group that wish to create and then press Save
4. The age grouping that you've created will be displayed at the base of the page
5. Now when you are creating recording sheets, the age groupings that you have created will appear under the Age Grouping heading. Select the appropriate age grouping and create your recording sheets. The names within the age groupings will be displayed on the same recording sheet
Missing Athlete/s from results entry and recording sheets
If you have a missing athlete from your recording sheet and the results entry screen, follow these steps:
1. The missing athlete is not here
2. Click on the Event Calendar at the top of the screen
3. Click on the person icon
4. Then find the missing athlete and click on the All tick box...Or click on the Nominate Visible to sweep through and nominate all athletes on your screen.
5. Then back in your results entry screen or recording sheets screen the athlete will be there once your refresh the screen
Event Rules on Recording Sheets
If you would like to add Event Rules to your Recording Sheets please read the below instructions
1. Press the Event Rules button within the Program and Events heading to access the below form.
Within the form, you can choose the relevant event that you would like to add rules to.
Now enter the event rules that you would like to be applied.
You can add some formatting, and also add in a table structure. See the below picture for an example
Then press the Submit button.
These rules will now appear on your recording sheet for the Event for which you have set them up
Hide members from recording sheets and results entry
There may be occasions when you would like to remove/hide members from recording sheets and results entries. This might occur if members are no longer attending your competitions.
This will NOT remove members from your member list, or any registration related reporting, such as batch reports.
Any results recorded against the member will remain in view (ie. anything that has a status other than 'DNS')
To hide members from your recording sheets and the results entry screens:
1. From within your ResultsHQ profile, select the Settings button in the top right of the screen
2. Under the Weekly Tasks heading select the Member List
3. Your list of members will appear. Click the hyperlink of the surname against the member you'd like to change
Note: You can also do a search from the top right of your home screen for your member and once found, click on their surname
4. The Family Details screen will appear. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and select Update to the right of the member that you would like to Hide
5. The Member Edit screen will appear as per below. Scroll to the bottom. You will notice a field called Participating Member?
- Using the drop-down arrow, select No
- Press the blue Save button
6. Once successful you will be returned to the Family Details page. The member will no longer appear in recording sheets or results entry screens (unless results have already been recorded for this person)